RANGE OF SPECIALIZATIONS
The Pietrzak Sidor & Partners Law Firm is a team of lawyers specializing in many areas of law. We have gained experience over the years in our own practice and in other well-known Polish and foreign Law Firms. We are proud to provide legal services for the biggest Polish and foreign companies as well as to smaller entities and individual Clients. We are able to provide comprehensive legal services, including representation before courts.
We offer legal services including advice and representation in the following areas:
We provide assistance in all types of criminal cases. We advise not only individuals but also corporate Clients who wish to be prepared for criminal proceedings before dealing directly with law enforcement authorities. [...]
- criminal cases and cases regarding administrative offences; we act as defence counsellors as well as attorneys of an aggrieved party at each stage of the proceedings – at the pre-trial stage, at the trial stage, including casatory appeals before the Supreme Court and at the executive stage;
- fiscal crimes;
- disciplinary proceedings;
- criminal cases of cross-border character and extradition cases;
- proceedings involving liability for violations of public finance discipline;
- lustration proceedings.
Our lawyers are highly experienced in wide range of lustration cases. [...]
Our experience includes in particular:
- representing Clients in cases regarding truthfulness of the lustration declarations submitted by persons holding public functions ; providing legal assistance in proceedings before the Institute of National Remembrance, before courts and in casatory proceedings before, the Supreme Court;
- submitting applications to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg; ;
- representing Clients in proceedings before the Constitutional Court;
- providing legal assistance to persons deemed to have cooperated with the communist state security authorities as well as to victims of other forms of so-called wild lustration;
- supporting Clients who aim to get access to documents held by the Institute of National Remembrance.
We provide legal assistances in all types of cases concerning individual rights and freedoms before Polish and international courts and tribunals. [...]
- preparing constitutional complains and applications to the Constitutional Tribunal;
- representing Clients and applicants in proceedings before the Constitutional Tribunal, providing professional and complex legal representation;
- preparing individual applications to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg;
- representing Clients in proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg; in written part of the proceedings as well as on hearings when necessary;
- preparing individual applications to the United Nations Human Rights Committee, representing Clients during the proceedings;
- representing Clients in proceedings before International Criminal Court in the Hague. Advocate Mikołaj Pietrzak is admitted to the List of Counsel of the International Criminal Court in the Hague.
Our lawyers represent Clients in proceedings before state and arbitration courts, before the Constitutional Tribunal and the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. [...]
- conducting proceedings in civil and economic matters, both before common state and arbitration courts, as well as before the executive branch (including representation of a car manufacturer in civil proceedings brought by consumers regarding alleged production defects, in commercial transactions, protection of personal rights of individual and corporate Clients, compensation claims, including those related to medical malpractice, bankruptcy, inheritance proceedings and reprivatisation issues, etc.);
- conducting many court proceedings concerning administrative matters, both before the Provincial Administrative Courts and the Supreme Administrative Court (including issues related to real estate investments, access to public information, compensation concerning reprivatisation claims);
- conducting numerous criminal cases, lustration cases and cases regarding administrative offences before higher and lower courts including casatory appeals before the Supreme Court, we act as defence counsellors as well as attorneys of an aggrieved party; we have experience in criminal cases of cross-border character and in extradition cases;
- representing Clients before the Constitutional Tribunal and the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
Economic law and commercial transactions
We advise Clients on commercial transactions related to investments, establishing and registering new entities, everyday business activities, cooperation with foreign partners, obtaining permits from administrative authorities. [...]
- preparation and negotiation of distribution agreements, trade cooperation and non- disclosure agreements for a publicly-traded company in the pharmaceutical sector;
- establishment and registration of new entities – partnerships, limited liability companies, foundations, etc.;
- long-term, ongoing corporate legal services for a bank and many other companies;
- drafting and negotiating documentation and advising on matters concerning bodies of companies, general meetings of shareholders, employee issues, relations with stockholders/ shareholders, supervisory authorities;
- obtaining permits from administrative authorities regarding construction investments, financial law and pharmaceutical law;
- preparation of internal regulations and procedures for Clients;
- advising in respect to mergers and acquisitions of companies and enterprises – due diligence research, advice on matters regarding the acquisition of companies in pharmaceutical sector, merging companies in the hotel industry, acquisition of an SPV located in Switzerland.
Banking and restructuring law, financing of investments
We provide advice to financial institutions, banks and insurance companies. [...]
- providing long-term, ongoing legal services for one of the largest French banks operating in Poland, including issues related to loans, bank accounts, guarantees, letters of credit, cash management matters, consumer loans, advice regarding banking law and foreign exchange law, as well as other areas in the financial sector;
- advising leading international and national financial institutions and corporate Clients on investment financing (including real estate acquisition, commercial properties, commercial centre and hotel development, car leasing, leasing of railway wagons, planned modernization of motorways); establishing and restructuring of collaterals; syndicated loans, leasing and foreign exchange law;
- preparation and negotiation of documentation concerning the financing of investments located in Poland by the European Investment Bank, including financing of infrastructure projects for municipalities, purchase and modernization of railway equipment, as well as the assessment of legal aspects of municipal bond issues;
- advising on matters related to financial services (including the legal compliance of services offered by one of the biggest companies providing financial services);
- negotiating contracts on financial advisory services for a publicly-traded pharmaceutical company seeking a strategic investor;
- representing an insurance company in criminal proceedings concerning crimes committed against the company, exposing it to a loss of reputation;
- representing a former member of the board of a well-known publicly-traded company in civil and criminal proceedings relating to the alleged failure to perform information obligations;
- defence in proceedings before the Financial Supervision Authority regarding personal liability of a member of a public company;
- defence in proceedings regarding violation of public finance discipline.
Real estate law
We advise large development and construction companies as well as individual Clients in real estate transactions, and in court and arbitration litigation regarding real estate investments. [...]
Our experience includes, in particular:
- representing a shareholder of one of the largest European development companies in a dispute with another shareholder;
- legal services concerning the construction of a major shopping centre in Warsaw;
- representing an entity administering a large Warsaw shopping centre in relations with tenants, specifically negotiations regarding lease conditions;
- representing an entity administering a large Warsaw shopping centre in disputes with tenants;
- negotiating lease contracts regarding space in shopping centres;
- representing a Client in litigation concerning the legality of contract documentation regarding commercialization and management of a prestigious housing estate in the Warsaw suburbs;
- representing a Client in arbitration proceedings concerning delayed completion and defects of a building investment (shopping centre in Warsaw);
- representing heirs of owners of buildings located in Warsaw and land properties that were nationalized or communalized post-WWII in proceedings aimed at ownership title recovery or compensation;
- negotiation of contracts regarding refurbishment of an old apartment building in Warsaw;
- various issues relating to the real estate market (including adverse possession, acquisition of agricultural lands, acquisition of real estates by foreigners).
We advise entities acting in the medical, pharmaceutical and cosmetic sectors. [...]
- representing a publicly-traded company specializing in the production and distribution of cosmetics, medicinal products, medical devices and food supplements in many commercial transactions relating to, inter alia, distribution of products (on European and global markets), the establishment of subsidiaries, the acquisition of assets of other entities, manufacturing and marketing of offered products;
- negotiating cooperation and distribution agreements;
- advising and assistance in registration of medicinal products, acquisition of rights to pharmaceutical dossiers and intellectual property rights;
- representing an international pharmaceutical company in criminal proceedings concerning crimes committed to its detriment;
- representing employees of pharmaceutical companies in criminal proceedings regarding fiscal crimes.
We advise on numerous labour law related matters. [...]
Our experience includes, in particular:
- preparation and negotiation of documentation (employment contracts, labour regulations, procedures, etc.);
- labour law litigation and pre-litigation negotiations;
- long-term, ongoing labour law services, e.g. for a well-known foreign bank;
- obtaining permits from administrative authorities in relation to employment matters (immigration law services);
- advising in respect to mergers and acquisitions of companies and enterprises – due diligence research, advice on matters relating to treatment of employees during M&A transactions (including pharmaceutical and tourism sectors);
- advising on matters regarding temporary work as well as headhunting services;
- general assistance in the area of labour law – both for employers and for employees.
Intellectual property, media, personal data
We advise in numerous intellectual property related matters. [...]
- advising on copyright issues and trademarks (copyright transfer agreements, license agreements, including preparation and negotiation of license agreements for a publicly-traded pharmaceutical company);
- film production agreements, contracts with advertising agencies;
- advice related to acquisition of Internet domains, conducting proceedings before an arbitration court for an Internet domain;
- advice in unfair competition issues including forgery of products, misuse of goodwill and unfair advertising;
- personal data protection (registration of personal data files, dealing with the GIODO, personal data processing agreements, consent to data processing, etc.);
- advising on matters related to competitions, lotteries and games of chance, including preparing and negotiating related documentation.